A range of premium quality, high temperature matt finishes with outstanding adhesion to bare ferrous metals, and excellent covering power. This range is designed primarily for use on components exposed to arduous operating conditions. This range must be stoved [cured] or processed at temperatures shown below to develop optimum thermal resistance.
Where to use
Automotive and DIY applications, including exhaust systems, manifolds and barbeques, and Industrial uses in chemical plants, refinery protection, stoves, motors, chimneys and flues.
Where not to use
• On surfaces seen or suspected of being unsound, without first ascertaining suitability for use on an inconspicuous area, particularly where any existing coating is present.
• On areas which are unsuitable for post application stoving or where curing is not possible under operating conditions.
• Exceptional thermal stability, up to 650°C depending upon colour.
• Good mechanical strength.
• Superb adhesion to bare steel.
• Resistant to petrol and oils.
• Excellent exterior durability.
• Self priming.
Between 450°C [Silver] and 650°C [Black]
Ensure surface is clean and free any rust, paint or other extraneous or loosely adhering matter. Recommended methods include wire brushing, grit blasting or abrasive cloth, followed by wiping with thinners or white spirit. Shake the can thoroughly for at least two minutes and spray a light mist coat from a distance of 15 – 30cm. Allow to dry for 15 – 30 minutes depending upon temperature, and apply a further coat giving full coverage. Allow to dry, then cure at elevated temperatures in accordance with the conditions shown below.
Ensure proper ventilation and avoid inhalation of fumes during the curing process.
Upon completion of use, invert can and depress actuator to prevent nozzle blockage.
Recommended minimum curing schedules are shown as follows:
Temperature °C Time [Minutes]